Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Where did November go?

Man I missed a whole month! Hope you all had a great Turkey Day! So what happened in November????

I have seen some new places. I have now ventured to Cleveland, OH...well suburbs at least. It was pretty cool. I had a job at one of the Philips facilities, and we toured the facility. They make CT Scanners and MRI's there, plus a few other things. Those MRI's are CRAZY and EXPENSIVE. Then again allot of the equipment there is expensive. It is pretty interesting to see how they put everything together and how long it takes from start to finish. Plus they hold a lot of training at this facility for customers and employees.

I have now been to Austin, TX as well. I stayed in Downtown Austin at the Hilton Garden Inn. It was annoying because you have to park your car, and the only way to park it at the hotel is to have it parked by a valet. 25/night to park the car. There is no other option. Plus I would say I was in the "Ghetto" of Austin. According to the hotel staff it is best to not walk around at night in that area. Blah blah blah. Who goes walking in a strange area at night by yourself anyway? I had to rescue one my fellow cohorts. He hurt his back and was trying to drive to a job, and got to the point where he couldn't drive anymore, he couldn't even stand up. He was about an hour away, so I drove up and picked him up. Then another coworker from Houston drove up and we went back to get his rental car and return it. 5 hours worth of driving back and forth...wheeeee.

Afterwards I did a couple of jobs in Waco, TX and then stayed up in Arlington. I was able to go to Dennis and Wendy's and hung out with Ryan. Ryan and I went to Fort Worth and bar hopped all night. We all flew back to SLC about the same time, they were on American and I was on Delta.

We spent Turkey day at the in-laws. So we ate dinner with Mike and Susan, Lindsay, Rachael, Scott, Louis (Shannon's Uncle), Brady (Louis's son), and Kyson (Brady's Son). They ate late because Rachael didn't get there until ~4. They didn't have any yams or sweet potatoes. :(
Afterwards Scott's kids came over. So we got to see Dallan and Brooklyn. Then we went back to my parents and hung out with the rest of the family.

Sat after Tday dad, Todd, and I went to our Annual Turkey Shoot setup by Muskrat of the Willow Creek Free Trappers. He does this annually for the Homeless Vets. He takes all proceeds and donates it plus any clothes we can donate. This is a trap shoot using Black Powder Muzzleloader Shotguns. We have 6 stations to shoot from and 2 birds per station, 1 round before lunch, and one after. For lunch they had octo-pork sandwiches (Pulled Pork) and some Elk Chili. Dad took first place overall, so he won $40.00, and I took 2nd so I won $30.00.
Plus they have a raffle after as well. It worked out well. Dad paid the 25 to play and then 15 in raffle, so he won back what it cost him. I paid my 25 and 5 for the raffle, so I ended up even as well.

0 comments: